Here Are 5 Signs That Your Gutters Are Clogged
If you’re not regularly cleaning your gutters, there’s a good chance they’re starting to get clogged. Here are five signs that it’s time to contact an experienced gutter cleaner:
1. You can see debris accumulating in your gutters. This is the most noticeable indication that your roof gutters are starting to get clogged. If you can see leaves, twigs, and other debris in your gutters, it’s time to give them a good cleaning.
2. Your gutters are sagging or leaking. If your gutters are sagging or leaking, it’s a sign that they’re full of debris and need to be cleaned out.
3. You’ve noticed rainwater harm around your residence. If you’ve noticed water damage around your homes, such as peeling paint or warped wood, it could be a sign that your gutters are clogged and need to be cleaned.
4. You have an infestation of pests. If you have an infestation of pests such as mosquitoes, rats, or snakes, it could be a sign that your gutters are providing them with a breeding ground.
5. Even if you can’t see any debris in your gutters, it’s still a suitable concept to have them washed out every three years or so. Over time, filth and grime can create and cause your gutters to become clogged.
If you detect any of these symptoms, it’s time to contact a proficient gutter cleaning Geelong services. They’ll be able to clear out your roof gutters and stop any further damage to your residence.
You can see black streaks on the side of your gutters
One of the most signs that you have clogged gutters is black streaks on the side of your gutters. These streaks are caused by dirt and debris that has built up in your gutters and has begun to decompose. This can not only be unsightly, but it can also lead to more serious troubles down the line if left unaddressed.
Your gutters are sagging or pulling away from your home
Another sign that you have clogged gutters is if they are sagging or pulling away from your home. This is usually caused by the weight of the debris in the gutters, which can cause them to warp and eventually break away from your home. This can lead to serious wear to your roof gutters and your house, so it is important to have them washed as soon as possible.
You see water spilling over the sides of your gutters
If you notice rainwater spilling over the sides of your gutters, it is a sure sign that they are clogged. When water is unable to direct through the gutters correctly, it will spill over the sides. This can create serious harm to your residence as well as create a slip-and-fall hazard.
There is a musty smell coming from your gutters
Another indication that your roof gutters are blocked is if there is a musty smell coming from them. This is usually caused by mould and mildew that has started to grow in the damp, dark environment of your gutters. Not only is this unsightly, but it can also be dangerous to your health if inhaled.
You see animals or insects in your gutters
If you see animals or insects in your gutters, it is a sure sign that they are clogged. These creatures are attracted to the debris in your gutters as a food source and will often build nests there. This can cause serious damage to your gutters as well as be a health hazard.
Gutter cleaning is one of the most important, yet overlooked maintenance tasks for any property. By keeping an eye out for these five signs, you can help ensure that your gutters are always clear and functioning properly. Failing to do so could result in serious damage to your home or office. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to contact a professional gutter cleaning Geelong service in your area.